The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 01:26:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Casanii Kickstarter Sneakpeaks  (Read 29313 times)
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« on: March 05, 2016, 09:10:10 pm »

It’s been exactly two years since Mike launched the first World of Twilight Kickstarter. Travels Through Anyaral was a great success and the anniversary seems like an excellent excuse to announce that Mike is launching another campaign!
On the 16th March we’ll be launching ‘The Casanii of Anyaral' on Kickstarter. This will be a small campaign to help me get this new culture into production, with a mix of metal warriors and hopefully some larger resin cavalry to give a completely different feel from the previous forces.
Mike has spent the last few months sculpting the core figures and Joe is now feverishly painting up some of the master castings so watch this space for some previews over the next couple of weeks in the run-up to the launch.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:23:50 pm by loobielou » Logged
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:19:19 pm »

Last night Mike announced the upcoming Kickstarter (starting on 16 March), so it's about time he started giving you a sneak peak at some of the planned models!

One of the first sculpts Mike did for the new force was a second scout so it seems only right that he is the first figure to emerge, showing off his fancy bow and bold war paint.

The first Casanii scout was formally introduced in the Chronicles of Anyaral as a bodyguard for Gil during his travels (although the scout had been skulking around for a while before then). People did seem to quite like the tall bow-carrying Casanii and he has proved to be a strong visual reference point for the whole Casanii culture.

Joe Karame once again takes full credit for the excellent paintjob, although he has been cursing Mike for requesting war paint on all the Casanii...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:23:13 pm by loobielou » Logged
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:28 pm »

When working on the Casanii Mike came up with the idea that he wanted to have a special character who formed a strong link between the Casanii and the Empire. Thus emerged the idea of The Trader, a rather well-fed fubarnii who has made his fortune travelling through the Casanii territories. Mike imagined that he has a good sized retinue of Casanii Warriors keeping him safe during his travels. In the game he has 'diplomacy' so you can use him to add Casanii into a standard empire force (or vice versa) and he'll also be useful for scenarios!
Mike took a few photos as he was working on the sculpt, so he thought you might like to see how he progressed!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:24:09 pm by loobielou » Logged
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »

Following on quickly from yesterday's WIPs!
One thing Mike really wanted the trader to have was a parasol (possibly inspired by a trip to Japan earlier this year...). Mike figured he would make a very quick mock-up to see how he might look! Don't worry though, the final parasol will be a bit more sturdy!
 The trader has also gained quite a lot of weight since the first photos... It's the first time Mike's done a fat fubarnii! The headdress ties the model back to his Casanii friends and there will be more little Casanii charms attached to the baggage for luck.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »

those models look great. I especially like the dynamic pose of the scout.  Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm »

The trader put a big smile on my face and is a very characterful addition. This is going to be one of the very few Kickstarters I really look forward to, 7th Sea 2nd edition (which is still running) being the previous one.
What is the definition of a small campaign? Limited in scope, time or both?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 10:13:21 pm »

The Kickstarter will be focused on the starter force and a few extra bits, so quite limited in scope compared to the last one. If it goes well (and there is the enthusiasm from the backers) then I might let myself add a few additional sculpts...
I'm going to run it over a couple of weeks, so it'll be shorter than last time.
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 11:46:21 am »

Love the trader, he is definitely getting added to my caravan. Looking forward to seeing more!
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »

Love the trader, he's so characterful and really sums up why I love these range.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
loobielou
Administrator
Jenta

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »

Mike has been teasing you with a few photos of individuals, but time to show you a larger group of Casanii!

These are the Casanii Warriors, the mainstay of a Casanii force. They are well trained and athletic fighters. In battle they will often cling onto the tribes beasts so they can leap directly into combat, hurling their spears at their unfortunate enemies.
Sorry to keep you in suspense about the trader for another day but Mike really want to show off some more of Joe's painted models first!

Dhogu Warlord
Jenta

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »

Oh, wow! These look terrific! I might have to accidentally pick some of these up once they launch!

"A storm is coming, but we shall remain!"
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »

Oh, wow! These look terrific! I might have to accidentally pick some of these up once they launch!
They would tower over your dhogu!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 08:19:00 pm »

Oh, these are stunning! Even though I never could paint them like that, I must have these ;-). Excellent show!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 09:39:54 pm »

These look great! Very tribal - really nice unit and fantastic pant job! V impressed.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 09:41:34 pm »

Lovely sculpts and paint jobs! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: