The World Of Twilight
April 30, 2024, 04:48:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mounted Casanii  (Read 12460 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« on: March 06, 2016, 09:34:45 pm »

Hi all,

Figured I haven't painted a WoT miniature for sometime, so I thought with the Kickstarter coming up it might be a good time to try my hand at the mounted Casanii figure I got from the Twilight Day 2015. I'm trying to paint up a load of Vikings at the moment and am getting pretty bored of endless chain-mail dry-brushing so this will make a welcome change. Plus its nice sometimes to just paint a single figure and concentrate on the details as I usually do a lot of my painting in batches to be more efficient. Also painting a single figure sees it progress a lot quicker which is good to keep up painting morale!

Here's the figure, I've already cleaned it, assembled it and based it whilst I was doing another batch of figures a while back, so its all ready to go:

I thought I'd concentrate on the rider at first. I usually dig through dinosaur pics for some inspiration but this time, as he's a sort of tribal warrior, I thought it would be interesting in attempting a sort of African tribal war paint thing with him. Perhaps straying away from my usual colourful palette and using some sort of high-contrast black and white theme. I'm not sure yet but I've looked at some photos online and this it the sort of thing I'm rambling on about:

Might be difficult to do without making the war paint look messy but we'll see how it goes!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:06:55 am »

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm toying along a similar line, but am doing flesh tests at the moment on a warhammer giant (as you do...) to get a skin tone I like as my first shot on the models months back was a complete miss!

Good to see that the kickstarter is already inspiring people, and hopefully not just us lucky few who got our hands on the master models ahead of time  Roll Eyes

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »

The rest of your miniatures are among the best I've seen, so I really look forward to see your first painted Casanii.
I was looking more at Picts and Black Spiral dancers for warpaint ideas, but these pictures look great too!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:49:51 pm »

Nice choice of inspirational pics, I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 10:40:23 pm »

The dark an white totally works on the casanii, that was my inspiration too Smiley

looking forward to more casanii!!!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:36:23 pm »

You are definitely heading along the right sort of track! Looking forward to seeing what you do.
(By the way, you should also have a parcel arriving tomorrow...)
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:36:17 am »

Looking forward to getting my hands on these myself. Looks like you're on the right track for sure!
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 08:24:44 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys!

(By the way, you should also have a parcel arriving tomorrow...)

Hooray! More minis! - Thanks Carcharoth! I'll get my paint brushes warmed up on this guy in anticipation...

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:11:41 am »

Here's some WIP pics:

Looking good so far. Might tone down or redesign some of the markings. We'll see what he looks like once I've painted more of the model.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:55 am »

Oh wow that's an impressive bit of war paint!  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 09:01:39 am »

Looks great! You must be cross-eyed painting all those little markings Cheesy
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 09:18:13 am »

Great stuff Ben! Will you be bringing anything with you to salute?(aka I'd love to see more of your stuff in person!)

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:09 am »

Really nice! Now I'm unsatisfied with my tribal tatoos on the guys :/

What colour are you going for with the mount?
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 01:19:40 pm »

Fantastic work!

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:55 pm »

Right, I'm well knicking this idea when I get my hands on them!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: