The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:52:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casanii Kickstarter - what would you like to see next?  (Read 12210 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 11:24:51 pm »

I would have thought that blowguns would have more likely been used as a weapon in a jungle or forested area, where it is easier to sneak up on your prey, rather than in open savannah of the Casanii. That being said, they would make a very good weapon for the Trebarnii !

Ok, so maybe blowpipe wasn't so good an idea - maybe it'd of helped if I'd of read the Casanii background before wading in with my suggestions!  A spear thrower sounds good too!

P.S. I'm also +1 on the cards, they make the game so much easier.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 09:04:25 am »

For arms how about bolas to help control the herd or asagai for a more martial option.

I like the idea of something for the Devanu...is there anything that distinguishes them from others outside the Casanii territories?
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 01:14:40 pm »

Sorry for being late to the party - busy yesterday!

Lots of good ideas on this thread:

+1 for Devanu Kopa and Grishak Jenta
+1 for reference cards for those models that don't have them
+1 for unladen beasts and a casanii herder/beast handler
+1 for civilian casanii, delgon, dhogu, etc...
+1 for the bolas - I have a mounted Reyad with a bola, but the rules don't seem to appear in the new set. Sad

The Moby Dick idea (Grishak / Casanii characters) also looks great and would fit nicely with the theme.
I know it is off theme, but I would love some Delgon civilians and some sort of shrine for them to  worship their gods.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:59 pm »

I think I would also say variant arms, weapons, and shields. But I mostly have negative feelings towards stretch goals. They tend to cause more problems than they're worth. I won't name names. Wink

I wouldn't mind seeing the reference sheet and cards added to The Newcomer. Or adding units that aren't part of the starter set, to the starter set.

I'm okay with creators wanting to fund X and not need to continuously heap other things on top of it once funding happens.

I know exactly why you are concerned! I'm not going to suddenly be giving lots of free stuff away and jeopardising the project, or committing to sculpting too much stuff! It is a however good opportunity to add a few focused sculpting projects for the next couple of months, or create some suitable extras that might not happen otherwise...  Smiley
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »

Have to say I would absolutely love some delgon civilians and pack beasts.. And for the casani. Big beasts are always good too...
Any chance of more resin buildings? Casani dwellings maybe?
CAsani herd animals...
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »

Have to say I would absolutely love some delgon civilians and pack beasts.. And for the casani. Big beasts are always good too...
Any chance of more resin buildings? Casani dwellings maybe?
CAsani herd animals...

Yes, I had forgotten about more buildings - I second that!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 06:26:16 am »

I was wondering if there are plans to do a seperate set of casting stones, as there were for the other factions during the last KS, for the Casanii?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 08:22:30 am »

Good ideas!

Delgon civilians - what would you like to see? The existing civilians could be painted in delgon skin tones and drab outfits, but they would be a little tall.
Delgon pack beasts - how about a laden yirnak?
Resin buildings - I love the idea of doing buildings. They are time consuming though! The map in the chronicles has tiny sketches of the buildings, which look a bit like eggs sticking out of the ground, with some taller chimneys and raised platforms. It would be a case of working out a building that looks good, but isn't too big. Probably not something I could do for the campaign, but I will have a think.
Casting stones - I would love to have done another set of combat stones for the Casanii, but it would probably be impractical (the last sets worked as I was doing enough different designs to make several moulds and produce them in large numbers - I would need to find a different approach for these). You have got me thinking though...
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 12:02:56 pm »

For delgon civilians it guess:

Some delgon fashion?!
Engineers menial workers with tools
Farmers, do delgon have different herd animals?
Definitely a laden yirnak! Please!
Travellers...
Miners? That must need metal and fuel..
Just some chaps who don't look so empire-y I suppose..
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 12:56:02 pm »

A laden yirnak would be cool plus I like the idea of Delgon civies
Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »

Loving all the ideas here already. Couple of suggestions that hopefully wouldn't put too much work on you,
How about offering existing stuff as add-ons, maybe at a special price, like the engineers cottage. No extra sculpting for you, good for new players and those of us who's collection is still pitifully incomplete!

If you wanted something "new" as a stretch goal, would it be possible to do a printed booklet of some of the scenarios you've created that haven't yet been published? I'm thinking even a variant on what you ran at the Twilight day last year. New scenario ideas are always welcome in a narrative game like Twilight.
Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 06:30:02 pm »

Obals travelling companions? He must have some lackeys? And pack beasts Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 08:52:37 am »

Definitely a laden Yirnak!
I like the idea of the Delgon civilians and hope they will be a bit generic, like a few different bodies with a generous selection of heads, arms and other accessories.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: