The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 06:36:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clan Idea  (Read 13469 times)
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »

Depends if there is anything nastier in the waters... Smiley
I think there are big floating living islands that carry entire ecosystems above and below the water. Not sure what else.
I like the idea of exploring the coastlines a bit further!

uhhh, this ecosystem idea sounds tempting Cheesy Would be a cool gaming board...

Back to the sketching I assume? Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »

I think there are big floating living islands that carry entire ecosystems above and below the water. Not sure what else.

uhhh, this ecosystem idea sounds tempting Cheesy Would be a cool gaming board...

Or digging back through old sketchbooks from about 10 years ago...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 09:59:51 pm »

If you've got something of these living islands, please send it to me, I got a certain idea already, might sketch it in the next days, and want to see what came you up with Smiley
Or digging back through old sketchbooks from about 10 years ago...
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 01:02:01 pm »

This living island idea is pretty cool, id like to see it aswell.
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:28 pm »

Could have a group that lives on one of these floating islands and worships it like a god, make them almost druidic ultra hippy nature worshipers. They could defend the areas they see as this creatures natural habitat with extreme prejudice and raid any shipping which dares to cross their path.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 02:24:19 pm »

Pot smoking hippie fubarnii, I kind of like that idea... They must need a lot of Garkid Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 02:58:11 pm »

That is a cool idea  Smiley
Or you could have a kedashi swarm inhabiting the island.
Always wanted to do a man o war style game with twilight ships... Doubt it'll ever come to fruition, but I can dream  Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »

No harm in that sir. Cheesy

I guess you could do a smaller scale naval game in a different setting of WoT a bit like a Polynesian island area, maybe a lost clan of Fubarnii dwell on the back of a shoal of these island beasts and they live in a state of constant small scale warfare...
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 09:40:33 am »

That would probably be set around one of the lost city ships that left gar Loren many years ago...
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 10:48:49 am »

I'm sensing a display game for salute 2018...... Grin

JohnDSD2
Jenta

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 11:45:08 am »

I'm imagining something like the island from Life of Pi.
Living island that is very unfriendly to trespassers but the inhabitants have some sort of symbiotic relationship with it.
Sounds like an interesting project.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 12:23:07 pm »

I'm imagining something like the island from Life of Pi.
Living island that is very unfriendly to trespassers but the inhabitants have some sort of symbiotic relationship with it.
Sounds like an interesting project.
When I read the book that island did feel rather familiar!
Gantoris
Jenta

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »

A naval game could be pretty interesting, especially considering the world doesn't have gunpowder or magic and has living islands floating around.

And you could have Fubarnii and the Swarm together on the island, they could be hippys with such a strong connection to nature (or this island ecosystem at least) that they can exert some control over everything that shares the habitat with them. You could even have them attack shipping of "living" boats that are really big fish/whales swimming on the surface!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

I like the ship combat idea!
If the rules are liberal enough it could even be used for aerial combat. With the current arms-race between the Empire and Delgon going on, it is only a matter of time before someone's going to invent a Zeppelin.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: