The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 02:28:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photobucket pictures  (Read 4312 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: July 16, 2017, 08:31:58 am »

You may have noticed nearly all the images on the forum have suddenly vanished...
It appears that photobucket have just changed their policy on third party image hosting - they still provide the service, but only as part of their most expensive service. I'll have a look how to sort it, but for the moment it means that a lot of old threads have lost all their pictures - sorry!  Sad
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:17:50 pm »

I don't even see the Logo in the upper left Tongue

Good thing I use wordpress
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 08:53:38 pm »

I've switched to Imgur which so far seems to run better, though I'm not going to transfers loads of pics.

I suspect that Photobucket have seen a BIG drop in users. It seems like such a daft move.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:33 am »

So far I have been lucky, my Photobucket pictures are still up on this and other forums, however who knows for how much longer...  Roll Eyes

Just to be safe, I have just downloaded all my pictures from Photobucket, created an Imgur account and uploaded all my pictures to Imgur.  Cool

It all took only about 25 mins, the hard work will be if I have to replace the images on all the various forums !  Angry
Danger Frog
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:17 am »

As a stop gap measure can you just make your Twilight album on Photobucket public and then post a link to it here? That way we can still all access the images and continue to use them as a source of inspiration (as there are some real gems in the stuff that's been posted to the forum over the years). I actually think having all the pictures you've posted to the forum in one place could be quite exciting as I suspect we'll all discover some fantastic pictures that we've either never seen before or had completely forgotten about.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »

Good idea!
They might be a bit disorganised though... I'll have a look.
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 01:54:49 pm »

well that's pretty pants.......

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 08:49:42 pm »

What a big shame ...

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:51:12 pm »

I have just managed to restore the pics on my thread  Smiley

if you insert ~original in between .jpg and [/img] at the end of the image link that appears to work  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 01:26:49 pm »

That really does work!
Hopefully not just a temporary fix...
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:41:58 pm »

Just tried this on a few of my old threads, doesn't seem to work for me, maybe they've turned this off?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: