The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:09:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: my delgon  (Read 13874 times)
maccioniath
Apprentice

« on: April 06, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »

As threatened, terrible pics of my terrible paintjobs. Wink

http://www.pbase.com/rachyr/twilight

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:20:28 am by maccioniath » Logged
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:39:03 am »

That was fast, so many painted.

I really like how you did the priests.  The reds really makes them stand out.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:55:30 am »

These chaps are great, not terrible at all. You have a good solid consistent paint job and unifying colours. I especially like the little bushes, where did you get them?

HN
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 07:42:28 am »

Agree, the look to be of a great tabletop standard - and should be great playing with/against.

And Awesome bases to, really like the foliage on those bases. Really gives them a nice touch.

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:24 am »

There's some nice looking minis there

I like the foliage too. Thumbs up
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:23:52 am »

Thanks guys! I realized too late that I'd made the shirt colors on the soldiers and derakeers too similar to the flesh tones. And I stink at highlights. So I overcompensate on bases instead. Wink

The heather and goldenrod are both from Silflor, as are all the grass tufts. The small trees are from a company called JTT. They look a little weedy but I guess it fits the swampy motif I was going for.

I'm fleshing out my fluff for these guys as I read more of the world posts and rulebook.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »

Very impressed! The overall effect of the force comes across really well. I agree with the others that I like the fun random foliage - a good base can make a huge difference Smiley
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 12:46:44 pm »

I was thinking of having my Delgon come from a volcanic region (hence the colors I've chosen - obsidian, lava, and pumice) that abuts a swampy area of the Empire. Is that feasible?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 01:06:06 pm »

I've never looked in great deal at the western border of Delgon. I've got some vague ideas for what the Fubarnii to the North-West are like, but a cold swampy region around there could work.
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:30 pm »

whatever you do, don't let me get settled in. I'm like a tick with the backstory stuff. Just ask Josh over at zombiesmith.  Grin
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 01:15:34 pm »

And now the pics are shopwing up bigger Smiley - Even better

One tip from a showing your stuff off point of view, I would crop the photo's so you get more of the fig and less of the background

Which silflor tufts are they? (size and season please)
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:15 pm »

Yes, I changed the link to go to the Large size instead of the medium. I'd thought I'd done that yesterday but apparently not. Go figure.  Huh

I cropped a couple but I was under the gun to get them all processed and uploaded before my son woke up from his nap. He just doesn't understand - yet - about daddy and his little metal men. Sorry if they look a bit off kilter.

The Silflor tufts are actually a repackaged lot by The Army Painter, these in particular are the Highland Tufts and the Swamp Tufts. Before you guys yell at me I got them before I knew about the markup and reduced quantities compared to MiniNatur. They are the 6mm size.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 02:08:40 pm »

I was thinking of having my Delgon come from a volcanic region (hence the colors I've chosen - obsidian, lava, and pumice) that abuts a swampy area of the Empire. Is that feasible?

I am not adding a volcano to the salute board!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:31 pm »

I'm stuck on the wrong side of the big blue to appreciate it anyways! Angry
NickH
Jenta

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48:35 am »

I really like how you've incorporated subtle colours into the grey flesh tones, some of the paint jobs I've seen make me think the fubarnii are made of stone (no warmth to the colours) rather than living creatures.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: