The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 12:13:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Varnish and stuff  (Read 13263 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 12:18:31 pm »

The problem with purity seal is that it's not truly matt. Many other brands are better (matt-er).

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »

Yes while Purity seal might not be the most matt-ey the consistency and the result cant be argued with. The GW description of the product is pretty spot on. It does dull anything to shiny while at the same time giving a visual consistency. Well worth a try.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »

Yes while Purity seal might not be the most matt-ey the consistency and the result cant be argued with.

It can and I will.

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »

Have you had a bad experience with it? I have been using it for three years on models from several game systems both plastic and metal and have NEVER had a problem. Why dont you like it?

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

Been paintin and modelling for over 20 years on and off. I think gw sprays are very poor in general and the purity seal is the least matt matt spray going. I've used everythn from humbrol and plastikote through to true artists varnishes - I'd rate gw in the bottom 2-3 along with the old army painter sprays which I believe came from the same factory.

Each to their own though. Whatever works for you.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

When was the last time you used the purity seal? the formula may have changed? I really dont see it getting any better then the results im experiencing now. So in your experience what makes the others better then purity seal? As a painter I still find the consistency of PS to be great but if there is something better on the market I would be interested.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: