The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:17:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My Quar and Other Assorted Stuff  (Read 21091 times)
Juan
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »

They are fantastic miniatures, full of personality. Another option to the "real" world...

What a great job!!!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 10:39:34 pm »

Im looking at the website and the models/ theme do interest me! except i have NO idea what I should be looking at or anything :O
Where is the rulebook? Does it contain all the factions? where is the best place for a newbie to start?

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 11:06:16 pm »

This isn't aimed at you megaton, but I confess to being bemused by this need so many gamers have to buy into the manufacturers fluff and rules and force lists.

It may be that I'm old - started gaming in the early 80's - but I think this hobby is all about imagination and doing what YOU want. Rather than following someone else's view... Sure if you're into tournament play... But I don't think either twilight or quar are like that.

Just my 2p.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 12:45:58 am »

Hmm for me I am big on a games style. As style might dictate how the game is going to play. I.e Malifaux slightly wacky or warmachine aggressive. I Love styles, the world that creators make can enthrall me and really sell me on their product.
Twilight is a prime example of this. The unique and interesting models and concept instantly sold me Cheesy

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 08:10:13 pm »

I'm with Megatron on this. I like a range of minis that has a nice coherent background and feel to it. Sometime it is fun to take random figures and thread them into your own setting, but other times it is nice to buy into somebody else's creation.

If I had time to paint my quar (and some day I hope to...), I'd first think how they fit into josh's world and how I could use them to play one of his rulesets. There are two books so far, with one more coming soon. The first was This Quars War and was designed for relatively large conflicts. It's a lovely little rulebook. The second was Songs of our Ancestors which is more skirmish based, but I've not got a copy yet. The third updates both, I think, as well as adding more factions etc. I think there were just two factions before then. If yu go over to the zombie smith forum they are a friendly bunch and will tell you all about it.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

It wont let me log on to that forum Angry The admin question (what colour is the sky?) I answer blue but it still wont accept it (unless im doing something wrong)  I would be interested in getting Songs of our ancestors though as I like to collect rulebooks Smiley

maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 11:56:23 pm »

Odd thing that, about the forum. I'll ask Josh to check it out. You don't necessarily need This Quars War if youre going to be playing smaller skirmish games, but it is a nice book with lots of art and background; Songs of our Ancestors (and the new book, Of Spats and Pedrails) continues the history of Alykinder's Crusade to end the Long War, but also has all the rules you need for said smaller games. If I had to sum up the quar in a single word, it would have to be "tired". They've been fighting each other for centuries and it has really worn them out, but they keep at it out of stubborn pride and their insatiable need to honor their fallen kin. I find it's a great setting.
headzombie
Hatchling

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:47 am »

Megatron0 - Does the security question give you an error? I just did a quick test and it let me create a new user.

If it doesn't give an error, and just refuses to work, I can create a username for you the same as yours here with a generic password that you can then change. Let me know!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »

thanks HZ! I don't have access to a computer ATM (on phone) it simply tells me that my answer is incorrect...so not sure but will check tomorrow Smiley.
Will definitely be picking up the books. And some crusaders! I'm loyal to alykinder :-D (I hope they're his troops)can't wait to get paid!

maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »

The Crusaders are indeed Alykinder's troops. There are also 12ish different partisan/militia models (my personal favorites) and a bunch of royalists too. They're all fun models to paint, very similar to the Twilight stuff in that regard.
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »

I thought I had commented here before. I love the Quar design, though I don't own any yet, and these ones look great! Really nice paint.
maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »

These guys are still a work in progress. Need highlighting, smoothing and proper bases. But I wanted to share them anyways, they're part of the new stuff Josh is releasing over the next few months. Don't worry, I've got a mess of Twilight stuff coming too, just need to finish them up....

Royalist Sniper

Royalist Sharpshooter

I tried to make his jacket look self-camouflaged. Instead it just looks terrible. But you guys get the gist, at least....

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »

they are sweeeeet!
Really loving those running quar

maccioniath
Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

WIP Quar "Tractor" for the guys just above. If anybody knows how to use weathering powders, any advice would be surely welcome. Thanks!
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »

Just smudge em on with your fingers, it's like being in kindergarten.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: