The World Of Twilight
April 29, 2024, 07:12:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: TWF-02 - HAFT-OOB STABLES *** AVAILABLE NOW ***  (Read 39873 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 11:15:56 am »

Phomb-Oord Stockade walls? Are you branching out into different construction materials?

cant think of anything better to make them from yet.

What I meant by complex intersecting structures is having cylinders intersecting cylinders and crazy stuff like that. None of this sensible modular building stuff (although that is also very cool).

i'd like to do that, but the kits would most likely only be able to be constructed one way. and i think have less mass appeal and fewer generic uses.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 11:41:58 am »

It would be cool to get something similar to Mikes Salute 2009 building in this style. If you used pringle tubes still with a larger tube structure it would still have modular potential as you could modify the Stables or Tower bits on to it.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »

mot sure what you mean emberbreeze... i think you can do what mike did at salute using the pryn-gul kit by cutting the bottom off the tube and keeping the turret?

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 02:00:55 pm »

i'd like to do that, but the kits would most likely only be able to be constructed one way. and i think have less mass appeal and fewer generic uses.

I wouldn't expect you to do it as a kit, but with enough components it would become quite practical. You are almost there already. Advice on building a slightly larger central structure and maybe a set of windows and a doorway that could attach to a larger diameter tube (even with modifications) and you would be there.

Ben was referring to the building I used in the demo game last year - it was a larger standalone piece with a flat roofed central structure and a tower. There are pictures somewhere...
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 02:13:48 pm »

The 2009 building not this years, Mike must have a pic somewhere

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 02:39:14 pm »

ah ok not seen that

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 02:54:30 pm »

Have a look here for some pics - the first page on the buildings thread on the FoD. The painted one on the second row was mine.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »

I wouldn't expect you to do it as a kit, but with enough components it would become quite practical. You are almost there already. Advice on building a slightly larger central structure and maybe a set of windows and a doorway that could attach to a larger diameter tube (even with modifications) and you would be there.

After the Bennan Watch tower and Phomb-Oord Stockade walls (i really need better names!) I want to do a selection of small home type buildings - 3 base sized tubes with interchangeable components like lean-to , turret, balcony, doors, flat and slated roofs, doors windows. So you can make up the three buildings in any way. That way you could buy say 3 of these 'kits' and end up with 9 different buildings - enough to bulk out and village or outpost.

That sort of kit will lend itself to having all the bits necessary to make your own intersecting models. At that point i think i'll write a guide...

Have a look here for some pics - the first page on the buildings thread on the FoD. The painted one on the second row was mine.

OK i got ya.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 11:52:39 am »

First sets of Haft-Oob Tower kits are on Ebay for pre-order NOW!!!

I have kept back a number of kits for sale here.
Special World of Twilight Pricing ...
Haft-Oob £10 + £1.50 p&p in the UK

I have also added shingles and roof tile kits

Shingles £11 + £1.50 p&p in the UK
Roof Tiles £11 +£1.50 p&p in the UK

Paypal payment to alan.phillipson@btinternet.com

If you're not in the UK then pm me and i'll sort out p&p for you.

Kits sold on first come first served basis.
Smiley

Any questions or comments?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:46:17 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:17 pm »

Put me down for an order on the stables  Smiley
How big are the shingles kits?
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 01:45:53 pm »

Put me down for an order on the stables  Smiley
How big are the shingles kits?

sure mike - swap ya for lead?

shingles... I thought i had all the details on my blog page... but to be specific...  The kit contains TWO A4 sheets. Each sheet contains 16 strips of shingles, each strip is 285mm long. Shingles are random width between 4.5mm and 6mm wide (at 1:50 scale that's approx 9" to 12" width). The shingles are designed to be overlapped to show around 6mm of shingle protruding under the next layer. Using this layout, the whole kit will cover 2 * 16 * 285 * 6 = 54,720 square mm of roof... or 547 square cm.  Or to put it another way a square roof over 23cm (9 inches) on each side.

The tiles are much the same but fixed at 6mm width and has 17 strips. The kit will cover 581 square cm.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 02:17:15 pm »

sure mike - swap ya for lead?
Sounds good to me  Grin

shingles... I thought i had all the details on my blog page... but to be specific...  The kit contains TWO A4 sheets. Each sheet contains 16 strips of shingles, each strip is 285mm long.
I expect you have, but I thought I'd be lazy and get you to tell us all again! And remember, the customer is always right  Smiley
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 02:21:40 pm »

shingles... I thought i had all the details on my blog page... but to be specific...  The kit contains TWO A4 sheets. Each sheet contains 16 strips of shingles, each strip is 285mm long.
I expect you have, but I thought I'd be lazy and get you to tell us all again! And remember, the customer is always right  Smiley

Well ya made me calculate it again and put the right numbers on the website, so can't be bad!

You're only a custome rif there is a liklihood of you spending money though :p  doesn't mean i have to be nice to everyone hehehehe
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:34:07 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Bethar
Administrator
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 10:49:31 am »

Put me down for a stables as well!  Mike, can you put aside a Trader Caravan for me next time I see you?  Oh, and can I borrow your paints...
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 11:39:48 pm »

Assembly instructions (issue 1.0) now complete

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B06t3PB5k709YjE4MTk1NDUtODRkYS00ODZhLTgzYTMtOGZjMmUyYjlmOWNh&hl=en_GB

As before i'd appreciate any comment etc on the detail. This time I have pictures too! I get so close to these its hard to tell whether they make sense - they are projects in their own right.

Oh and Ben - if you disliked the conical cone of the pryn-gul tower you are going to hate the stringer on the stair case - sorry... one of those bits you need opposable thumbs for - preferrably 12 of them Sad

In other news, the release of these may be delayed a week or so as I think I have discovered a couple of problems in the geometry which I shall have to check by building another kit and getting new bits cut if necessary. Sad pooo...  anyway by the time it goes out it WILL be right.

damned curves and cones and helixes....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: