The World Of Twilight
April 25, 2024, 01:30:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big Sticky Inspirational Pictures Thread  (Read 20684 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 10, 2010, 03:55:06 am »

Someone suggested that my buildings looked like they might be suitable for Quar, so i wandered over to the Zombiesmith forum said hi and did some pimping and instead of buying anything they kind of suggested I make this.

Picture copyright Zombiesmith and all that jazz.

The central structure is a termite mound (quar are insectivores) - I thought this was awesome so  posted it here as its one of those concepts i find inspirational.

Note to mike : Look, straight walls!

So feel free to throw up some inspirational building ideas and concept pictures here and lets see what we end up with!!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:00:19 am by Brandlin » Logged

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:36:22 am »

Nice picture! I love that image of a Quar building - looks like somewhere a Fubarnii would feel quite at home. Smiley

Besides, I never said all Fubarnii buildings are round, just that that is a predominant architectural style in the Central Empire. Tongue
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:04:20 am »

The termite mount itself would  be the hardest thing to build, but I do agree this would  be a  cool Fubarni building in a rocky area with caves etc.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:48:39 am »

I never said all Fubarnii buildings are round, just that that is a predominant architectural style in the Central Empire. Tongue

Yes I know, but i'm avoiding that as ranting about the curves is therapeutic and has comedy value! Wink

The termite mount itself would  be the hardest thing to build.

Yup but I may have a plan... involving papier mache!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:26:07 am by Brandlin » Logged

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

Papier mache is great stuff! Papier mache and styrofoam is how I did my part-submerged Fubarnii building (using the top of a pryn-gul tower).
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:54:18 pm »

I like this WIP of a "generic wizards tower" from Jim Bibbly over on the Lead adventure forum plenty more pics of the build on that link)

It might be a bit "discworldish" for fubarnii but i do like the chaotic / oranic nature of it.

It got me to wondering what i could make just by cobbling together my kits?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:02:10 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 03:22:53 pm »

I could see Fubarnii doing that sort of thing, although they'd probably spread sideways rather than upwards.
I like the fun models in the background as well - the little half-timbered inn is particularly cool.
I quite often wish I had the time and space just to build cool scenery!
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »

looking at it again, the hexagonal and octagonal sections do meld well into the cylindrical bits and break up the shapes, and the very very steep rooves work well too.

hmmm ideas ideas...

HannahFKW
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »

AHHH!! I remember my boyfriend showing me that post about the wizards tower, it was something like a scenery contest and it had to be the width of a CD, awesome!!! But how on earth would you store something of that scale!!!  Grin

Han.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Carefully?

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:57 pm »

No, with difficulty!  Cheesy
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

Actually if you like this tower my next idea should blow your socks/pants (delete as preferred) off....

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 01:47:55 am »

Beastlord
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:00 am »

I like those - they look a bit like what i had in mind for the poorer dwellings of my Argoran Wastes dwelling clan. Made from clay maybe? Wattle and daub? Could you do them with polystyrene shapes?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 07:02:30 am »

These are great. If you could just build me the one on the bottom right...at life size...

HN
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: