The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 08:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tale of... Artists in Anyaral  (Read 27808 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 29, 2012, 10:48:38 am »

I was talking to Geckilian after Salute and he suggested I run a 'Tale of' painting challenge for Twilight. I had vaguely heard of these before, and it sounded like a very good idea! The general idea is that whoever would like to be involved pledges to paint a certain number of figures or a specific number of points before a specific deadline. They then post painted models here and generally encourage each other to build up our painted collections of models.

So, may I present... (drumroll...)

A Tale of Artists in Anyaral.

This will take place over the next three months, ending on the 1st August. The basic challenge is to paint a 300pt force from one or more of the cultures. On the 1st June, July and August I shall present rewards to everybody who has completed a force within that month - this will be a couple of bonus Twilight points as well as a badge you can put in your signature to boast of your achievement! There will be a badge for each culture for each month, so if you were ridiculously productive there would be a total of 9 badges. If you don't manage to complete a force within the month you can carry it over to the next month. Obviously there are easy options and hard options for forces, but all are equally valid!

So, how does that sound and who would like to participate?
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

I'll obviously sign up, but I don't think I have enough for 900 points for each faction unpainted... Hmm. Ponder ponder. i should manage 300 points for Empire, Dhogu, Devanu, "Traders" and technically Delgon should I manage the conversion and sculpting.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23:39 pm »

So is this 300pts per month or 300pts over the 3 months? I find myself a touch confused  Huh

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:27:11 pm »

Thanks for asking for clarification - I don't want to be causing confusion!

The challenge will run for three months. If you want to you can aim to get 300pts done each month during that period, or you can aim for something a bit more manageable whereby you just do one 300pt force over the three month period.

Does that make it a bit clearer?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 02:21:36 pm »

Ahh coolies. I think 300pts over 3 months sounds much more manageable, though I will try and do more. How much painting time I get is all up to our little Jenta Wink

Well I'm already doing the Tale of Skirmish painters on Warseer and was planning on painting up WoT minis so I'm up for it. I am a bit tempted to paint up my Dhogu instead of my Empire Fubarnii but tis probably best to go with the ones I've built already, lol. Hopefully, some of them will be good enough for Pyre's competition too.

I think I will aim to paint up the Empire force from the Wandering Engineer Scenario, that's 280pts but I'm sure I will paint up the odd knight or two more which would help bring it up to over 300pts. Will we have a specific target to meet each month or is it just as long as we try and hit the end target?

HN
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

Going through the models, the points certainly rack up fast once you add captains. I think I'll need to root through everything and make a list of what I actually have to paint now!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 06:25:56 pm »

I'm in. I have a lot of other painting on my plate at the moment too, so I'll aim for 300 points in 3 months. I have my Devanu to do afterall!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:48 pm »

Right, time to kick this thing off! Had a minor painting blitz today and managed the remaining 3 Grishak Kopa, 2 Dhogu Captains, 2 Dhogu Trappers and the last 4 Skerrat.

A group shot as the new ones look pretty much the same -

So far for month 1 then, 150 points for Devanu and 200 points for the Dhogu. Mike, I notice you said the most productive would get 9 badges, 3 factions across 3 months. Aren't the Dhogu a fourth faction?

Totaling everything I own Twilight-related which is unpainted, I managed this list for the Tale -

Dhogu
Yirnak Captain - 100
Dhogu Soothsayer - 40
4 Dhogu Spears - 60
2 Dhogu Bows - 30

Delgon
Malog - 250
2 KalGarkii - 20

Devanu
5 Kosok - 125

Empire
Herder Reyad - 50
5 Herder Light Cavalry - 100
Herder Captain - 40
3 Herders - 45
2 Hunters - 80
4 Graku - 60
Engineer Beru - 30
Commander Brenar - 100
2 Militia Commanders - 200
4 Militia Captains - 200
30 Militia - 300
Noble - 10

No points value
Belan
Laden Belan
Trader
Fubarnii Mounted Trader
3 Baruk
3 Laden Enuk
3 Enuk
2 Youngsters
Fubarnii Mason
Fubarnii Artist
Pree pree
- ?

Mike, will the no points value models have any attributed cost applied to them for the Tale?

I'll be thus attempting to paint all 1,840 points within the 3 months, broken down as best I can to manage at least 300 points of Empire each month. Unfortunately I'm 170 points short of a second Dhogu contingent, 25 points short on the first Devanu contingent and 30 points short on the first Delgon contingent. I'll be rummaging around to see if I can rustle up some points to fill those gaps - almost a shame I painted 200 points of Dhogu, various Jenta/Grishak, Priests and so forth before Salute!

Right, I'm likely to be busy over the next 3 months.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:34:53 pm by Geckilian » Logged

Firah
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thats alot of painting!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:56 pm »

Dhogu Soothsayer...what, what?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »

Dhogu Soothsayer...what, what?
Chris is being creative!
That is an ambitious plan... Well done!
Shadowolf
Hatchling

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »

This 'Tale of' sure has come along at just the right time. I have been looking over my humble WoT collection that I have been meaning to paint up for quite some time. I love the little guys and they have made me feel guilty. So many painting projects always seem to get in the way. So I would definitely like to participate if you guys don't mind Smiley

I will (finally) paint up my starter set of miniatures and have just ordered a caravan of stuff including an unladen belan that I need for a special project I have in mind. I have always lurked and enoyed the painting work of others here, so its about time I contribute something as well. Smiley

Paul
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »

Excellent painting, puts my painting to shame.
I love the purple tongues on the grishak
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:11:01 pm »

This 'Tale of' sure has come along at just the right time. I have been looking over my humble WoT collection that I have been meaning to paint up for quite some time. I love the little guys and they have made me feel guilty. So many painting projects always seem to get in the way. So I would definitely like to participate if you guys don't mind Smiley

I will (finally) paint up my starter set of miniatures and have just ordered a caravan of stuff including an unladen belan that I need for a special project I have in mind. I have always lurked and enoyed the painting work of others here, so its about time I contribute something as well. Smiley

Sounds good! I look forward to seeing what you paint  Grin
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

Good job over all but I really like the Skerrat

Thumbs up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: