The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:35:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: A long journey.  (Read 101614 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:12 am »

Hello all!

It's really been a while since I've done much with Twilight which is a shame, and so to rectify that I'll be showcasing my efforts at painting the small lead mountain of Twilight goodness here. So far, I already had a Militia Captain and Strider done -

The Captain will get his armour redone to match the Knights when they're eventually done, a traditional red/brown. However, I have also managed to paint a single Grishak yesterday, as well as getting the other 15 partially done -

I'm hoping to finish the Grishak in a couple of days depending on when I get the time, as which point I'll start on a couple of the Devanu to get one of the 3 factions quickly finished. Afterwards it'll be on to the Delgon, and the 15 Striders and massed soldiers!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:39:05 am »

Looking good - that's a lot of grishak! Grin
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 12:13:50 pm »

Excellent Work!

Massed ranks of Grishak would be a very scary thing to face off against!

MrBigLizardusek
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 12:57:34 pm »

Good work.Im waiting for mine first order(about  days now) and im looking fro the right tone fore mine funbarnii skin...Wot colours  u use for skin for them them?I think i will go for something between green- grey but i dont wont to make their skin to green as i thin i will give dark green for Delgon.HM......... Huh
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 01:13:41 pm »

I plan to go for various greens, browns and tans for my Fubarnii on the Knights, representing their recruitment from various groups, but the Militia are likely to be a shade of green to offset the reddish-brown armour. As for Delgon, I'll be stciking to the usual gray.

Cheers for the comments also, should manage to get a couple more done later (quite late) tonight.

MrBigLizardusek
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 03:28:46 pm »

Hm...Im mixing some pint now to find right tone for skin....Im planing to go witch some blue for armour for mine Fubarnii or for Crismon but im all the time thinkig ...Hm...I like your Grishak....Look wery agrssive;) Like it should be....,...
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:24 am »

Blargh, the basecoating of the bases took a lot longer than expected, thanks to the sand, but all 16 Grishak are finally done. Group shot -

Next I'll make a start on the Devanu leading them, which is Arak Kaitan, a Kopa, 2 Sempas and a Jenta currently.

MrBigLizardusek
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:16:04 pm »

Really GOOD WORK.The Hord aproaches  Cool
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 01:05:22 pm »

With the yellow eyes and the glossy purple tongues they somehow look particularly evil! Great work!
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 11:43:10 pm »

I had a surprise game of Malifaux today, and ended up doing a bit of gap filling and resculpting on a big model, but I still managed some progress. The Devanu have had their flesh basecoated and washed, now they just need several layers. Arak's at a similar stage, but his head is finished. The darker picture of Arak shows the shading better, though he's naturally not quite as dark in person.

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 01:18:59 pm »

Looks fantastic, GecKilian - you bulk paint method seems very successful - maybe I should try that out, as well Cheesy

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »

Excellent work on these so far. That's a big Devanu force you have goning on there

It also reminds me to get on with painting Arak tonight for Mike
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 06:05:49 pm »

Hmm, it's been a while. I actually managed to finish some more stuff not long after the last post, and never really got round to posting it. Noticing Ben's painted Arak, I figure I should post a pic of mine -

There's also a Sempa and Jenta done too.

The Delgon have also got some time, with an Engineering Priest and his 'trusty' Acolyte finished, though I should probably redo the snow.

Here's also a preview of a Strider Derakeer, because I find the concept enjoyable - a distinguished Derakeer who has received the honour of having new legs.

Quite a few figures to go, but it's slowly getting there. The other Sempa and Kopa are mostly done with just clothing and bases to go, and a lot of Striders are awaiting paint.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 07:23:09 pm »

Those are fun conversions! I particularly like the priest. Those goggles stand out really nicely!
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 08:02:53 pm »

Nice work on all of them

The priest/enginieer is the best of the bunch

Goos stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: