The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 11:11:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Joek's painted Twilight menagerie...  (Read 30687 times)
joek
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:19 pm »

I seem to have misplaced any/all decent snaps of this Belan (laden with goodies), but I did this a while back.

I adore this figure - I wasn't quite prepared as to how big he was, and one day I really want to do another one. However, I was pleased with the result Smiley

And I lost photos for a little Prepre I did too, so here's a comparison shot of the Belan and the wee critter!

Slightly closer shot of the Prepre, sans base...

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »

They're gorgeous Joe - really great work. Will you / these / WoT be at the Aldershot show next moth? Would love to see them in person & not sure I'll make salute this year :/

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 11:16:10 pm »

There's an aldershot show? I've obviously not been paying enough attention!
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:24:37 am »

Indeed there is, but its hosted in Guildford.... obviously...

Its the Aldershot Branch of the British Model Soldier Society rather than a traditional wargames show, meaing its mostly large scale display models. However, they are widening thier audience to more gaming hence our involvement last year and this. The guy came to the Guildford club tonight to ask if we would be there again ourselves.

Its only a month away (march 2nd I think), but that seems typical. Its a small event and to be honest poorly organised, but dont let that detract from the level of painters it attracts. I did a hobby Brush Gallery for it last year: http://hobbybrush.com/historical/historicalmisc/abbmss/

I talked to JoeK at his stand there last year (assuming you're JoeK of JoeK miniatures... ). Cant imagine its a big money spinner for 28 and below, but its worth a look. We'll be having a couple of games tables there, but I'm not having much luck getting a portion of it set aside for WoT at the moment Sad

joek
Jenta

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 09:35:44 am »

Oh yes! I hooked up with Martyn from MDP for that one - little bit quiet, but there were some good things on display. Alas, my real life work has slightly limited my journeys this year Sad . Salute is a definite, but also is Figureworld I think. Aside from that, I'm not sure!
Whitwort Stormbringer
Jenta

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 10:33:05 am »

WOW!

Gorgeous brushwork on both the PrePre and the Belan!  Only on the second go 'round did I notice the Belan's eye, which looks great and must have been tough.  Patterning on the PrePre is excellent!
joek
Jenta

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:47 pm »

Well, in the run up to Salute the mass Twilight Paint-a-Thon has begun in earnest. Not content with me sorting out bits and bobs for my own stand, I've been busy painting up all manner of lovely things for Mike Smiley . Good thing these are nice to paint, otherwise I'd have probably broken all my brushes by now Wink .

First up with some Fubarnii Militia, along with a couple of a Graku and the lead Knight. We're going for a desert scheme, and along with the two 'lesser' knights, they should hopefully make up a nice troop!

Work on the remaining two knights has halted whilst I get a rush on with Danakan and Muri though!

More soon...the flood gates have opened Smiley

EDIT: I should point out the bases are all the same colour - that original pic of the militia has completely changed 'em. Must do them all on the same background for future reference!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:23:30 pm by joek » Logged
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 06:53:06 pm »

Ahh it all looks wicked!
And those tribal marks on the Belan look familiar  Wink

Special Kudos to you on the pre-pre, that's a fancy pet!

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:04 am »

It's good to see another Grakukan painted!

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 06:15:18 am »

Wow, a lovely collection of minis there JoeK. I really like the earthy olour palette your going with, makes look like they crawled, strolled out of the desert.

HN
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:37 am »

Lovely work again Joek, the Graku and Grakukan Smiley

Must finish my lads asap.

joek
Jenta

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:38 pm »

Thanks Seb - I'm now going to be starting the final batch of figs before Salute, and I'll be using your Casanii drawing as the colour pallette Smiley . Really looking forward to this one!

However, I think Mike's put all these up on the Facebook page now, but for those who don't do FB (and I don't blame you, I really don't!), here's the latest batch of figs...There's a fair few!

Baby Grishaks (awwww...)

NuraSen Plutom

Knights

Knights with the Grakukan

And finally a (slightly fuzzy) group shot of all the themed Orelan militia.

No time before Salute, but I rather thing the troop need a nice themed display base Smiley .

Have to say I've had an absolute ball with all of these - despite the time scales involved! I like to think of myself as fast, but this has pushed me a fair bit - definitely a learning experience!

Buy them all - they're lovely.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

Haven't you missed danakan and muri?
Beautiful painting though  Grin
joek
Jenta

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 08:45:42 am »

Oh yes!