The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63380 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2016, 12:18:29 am »

Good to see you're still going strong! Still have my metal 'stones' and glass gems too.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2016, 08:46:35 am »

Well I was rather quiet for a long while, but back at it with some force now Chris Smiley

What I'm not doing is taking proper photos however..... So apologies for more really dodger phone pics but the Casanii saw action in a test game (of the herd scenario..... Lots of tweaking -a very useful night!) last night, and did so complete with warpaint - the basic units ate done at last! Easily one of my favourite factions for the game, and that's saying something......

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:36 am »

I really like the darker skin tones on your Casanii and think I'll be doing something similar with mine.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2016, 01:36:26 pm »

wow, the green looks really nice on these models. these models have such a wide area from spear tip to shield rim for  building a symmetrical color contrast that they are always a very striking unit.   Smiley
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »

Great scheme for great mini's!   Smiley

discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

Top paint job
Love the shields with different sigils,the green colour and the spear tips
More please
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »

The spear tips stood out to me also. Well done.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2016, 04:38:04 pm »

I can't wait to see these guys on the table at Salute!
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2016, 07:23:34 pm »

Wicked I get to see them in the flesh
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »

Thanks all! A lot of work is being done in the next few days on models for salute. Not sure if I'll get time to do proper photos before the show but fingers crossed I will - otherwise Sod's law states they'll get chipped before getting in front of the camera.

And yes, Discok, my collection (think I'm about 200 painted twilight figures now....  Roll Eyes ) is used for all the Demo games on the main table at the show. Everything in this thread will be there, tucked under the table if not in use & I don't mind forum regulars taking a look if you introduce yourselves Smiley

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »

I agree with everyone else!
Spear tips are different, but work really well. Nice unified force.
Hope to see them at Salute.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2016, 02:56:15 pm »

Spear concept is stolen entirely from Joe's work on the studio pieces - he painted them with obsidian blades, and I stole the concept for something similar on mine rather than metals or grey stone.

Question to you all - Casanii scouts - lots of warpaint..... Or none at all? I can't decide!
Part of me wants to cover them in it, but part of me thinks scouts might avoide the bright colours so as not to distract from their stealthy tracking.....

discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »

Definitely some warpaint but whether lots or not is moot.Do one with and one without and then decide seems the right thing.I am a huge fan of the warpaint on the figs that I've seen so far as it seems fitting for the tribal nature of the game overall
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2016, 04:06:29 pm »

I think the warpaint on these Casanii make them really stand out as a force and would make a great unifying scheme.
I think most had been said about your painted Warriors already. The way you made them quite colourful, although subtle, and still kept a very natural look is sublime.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »

Painting wise at least, today has Mostly been focused on Erilai, but this guy got some details finished and I finally decided on a scheme for his pet too. Wanted the pet to carry yellow markings, to suggest a link to the choice of the tribes own warpaint.

Next up, basing the herd and onto mounted Casanii!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: