The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 08:45:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: My Twilight minis  (Read 60006 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 08:40:17 pm »

Welcome back!
Excited to see how he turns out! Is he getting a scenic base?
Yell if you want any bits - I think i still owe you a small pile of critters I promised a year or so ago...
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 10:01:40 am »

Thanks all !

Great work, with his black coat and blue lamp he looks a bit sinister though ;-).
As he has grey skin, is he painted up as a Delgon?
Glad to see you're back! I hope we get to see a lot more miniatures coming from you.
Well actually the skin is note really grey, but beige (Rakarth flesh) with a little drop of grey (old codex grey), to simulate the aged skin. But it's not a delgon Smiley

Welcome back!
Excited to see how he turns out! Is he getting a scenic base?
Yell if you want any bits - I think i still owe you a small pile of critters I promised a year or so ago...
No he will keep his gaming base, this is my first mini for my fubarnii army ! Cheesy
You already gave me the critters, i've also painted one to put on my diorama, have to do a pic to show you here !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:02 pm »

Great to see you back to working on some WoT pieces, and especially to hear that your starting a full force with a view to gaming - I hope to see you at the WoT gaming table at salute myself!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 03:54:10 pm »

Thanks all !

Great work, with his black coat and blue lamp he looks a bit sinister though ;-).
As he has grey skin, is he painted up as a Delgon?
Glad to see you're back! I hope we get to see a lot more miniatures coming from you.
Well actually the skin is note really grey, but beige (Rakarth flesh) with a little drop of grey (old codex grey), to simulate the aged skin. But it's not a delgon Smiley
My eyes must be deceiving me then Smiley. But after all, I do have a mild colour-blindness, which stops me from seeing certain colours. Especially colours that border next to each other.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:14 pm »

You're welcome Krypto Smiley

So, the Elder is finally done ! My really first mini for gaming ! Cheesy

The pics:

And another with a critter on my little dio:

NEEEXT !  Grin

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:38 pm »

Looks great. I especially like the lighting effect from the lantern!

Also I really like the taller plant you've put on the base - do you mind me asking what its made from? I've never seen anything like it before, very cool!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 06:29:52 am »

They look fabulous! Nice OS on the lantern, he still looks a bit sinister Smiley.
I like the addition of the critter, it breaks away the monotony of the rocks.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

Such a characterful miniature painted very well, the lightening on the staff really adds that something extra.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 09:37:37 am »

He's turned out superbly!
Great use of the critter as well  Smiley
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 12:04:50 pm »

Looking great.
I am very envious of the diorama.
Looking forward to see how Commander Brena develops.
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:05 pm »

Thanks guys !
Glad you like it Smiley

Also I really like the taller plant you've put on the base - do you mind me asking what its made from? I've never seen anything like it before, very cool!
Well, it's a single branch taken in a garden, with little tufts of that:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/productdetails.aspx?&ProductID=2966

Photos of Brenar (still in WIP) tonight !

Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:12 am »

Only the skin is finished.

I hesitate to do the edges of the armor in gold (he's a commander after all !)

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »

I like the mottling on his skin! Looks very natural.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 06:14:01 pm »

What a nice smooth, natural finish on the skin, almost amphibian.
Amazing work!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:13 am »

I have to admit that I hadn't even noticed the mottling on the skin until I read mikes comment, but I'm glad I did. Your work is so subtle and realistic, but you always get enough contrast in to keep it effective over the whole piece. A pleasure to view!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: