The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 06:44:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've been working on: 16 June 2010  (Read 25675 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 11:46:22 pm »

oooh ooooh you put me in the good painters ctaagory... i am sooo out of my depth their
Next to me, everyone is in the good painters category.  Wink

Well ya took a perfectly acceptable compliment i was chuffed about and then just whisked it away agin ...sigh!

It's really nice to see these WIPs, but you're sculpting quicker than I paint Roll Eyes

American is getting further away faster than I paint. I really should daub a couple of these twilight figures mike gave me before anyone spots i'm hanging around here and haven't painted or played twilight yet!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
TheGremlin
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:14 am »

American is getting further away faster than I paint. I really should daub a couple of these twilight figures mike gave me before anyone spots i'm hanging around here and haven't painted or played twilight yet!

It's not only me!

I played at Salute (and lost  Grin), and have assembled the figures I've bought, but haven't even basecoated them.
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 11:03:39 am »

Well ya took a perfectly acceptable compliment i was chuffed about and then just whisked it away agin ...sigh!
'twasn't what I meant... I'm just in awe of everyone's skill round here, being the definite jenta of the forum as I am.

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Sikil
Hatchling

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 02:25:38 pm »

Love the shield-delgon! Pick, or no pick, I'll deffo buy a bunch for my growing Delgon force! Cheesy
Laughing Ferret
Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 07:09:49 pm »

Love the Delgon heavy infantry... guess I will have to break down & collect a Delgon force too.. not that it would take much arm-twisting  Wink  I think the war-pick is great.  Adds to the feeling of cultural difference between Delgon & Empire.

I do agree the lance is a bit long.  Have you considered maybe something more exotic? Maybe a forked spear similar in shape to a tuning fork could be fun.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 10:19:39 pm »

Hi Sikil and Laughing Ferret, welcome!
Just a quick update here, and a couple more quick pics...

I've also included the delgon trooper to show the pick a bit more clearly.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »

liking that lance better - smaller head and plenty of counterbalance under his arm ... :thumbup:

no sold on the pick, but i can't fault the sculpting... you get a good feel for the mass of the shield and his weapon the way he is standing!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

Yep, liking the lance!
He looks like he has more ornate armour too at the back  Smiley
Lovin it!

The Delgon soldier looks great too   Smiley

Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 02:51:20 am »

Looking good - not only more ornate armour, but arm, leg and hoof armour as well! Perhaps the Enuk needs to be a little more armoured too - a chest/neck plate at least?
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 08:10:37 am »

and some stirrups? Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:21 am »

I have been wondering about stirrups... Vaguely wondering if they could have some sort of heel stirrups, or doing something that looks more 'normal', but it's a challenge to get them looking right!

The Enuk will get more armour, I just haven't figured out how much yet.

The ornate armour is currently on his back plates. I'm not sure whether to carry that forward onto his other bits of armour, or whether to keep those smooth with designs more akin to those on Brenar and the other knights. I will eventually cover up some of the ornate armour with a suitable plume, but I'll need to feel brave when I do that!
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 01:02:43 pm »

If you extended the quilted saddle into a sort of caparison to just below the knights hooves, instead of stirrups, you could put a little step coming out from it? You could maybe extend it round to the front of the Enuk, even bezainting the front part for added protection!
Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 01:25:08 pm »

Looks good so far, but few comments:

- Would love to see more detailed helmet on Fubarnii rider.  Elite of the Elite should have more than just a leather cap Wink
- Is the Fubarnii rider a little big?  Hard to tell without him being next to a knight, maybe it's his armour, but he looks a bit big.

- The Pick in the Delgon's left hand looks ok, someone suggested a warhammer which would probably look a litle better because it would have a longer shaft.

- Have you ever considered Delgon or Fubarnii with lucerne hammers? 

Keep it comming, looks good so far.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 01:49:03 pm »

hmmm a 'warhammer' does look like a pick so i'm not sure what you mean by those comments?

Alsoa lucern hammer was a 2 handed polearm 2m plus long, so again i'm not sure i understand...

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:14 pm »

Thanks for the comments.  Smiley

Yup, he'll definitely get more than a leather cap. I expect it'll end up looking quite similar to Brenar's helmet.

The Fubarnii rider is actually about the right size - he's about the same size as a herder/militia, but a bit smaller than Brenar. He does look rather big on the enuk though due to the added bulk of his armour (and the fact that Fubarnii always look rather big compared to the poor enuk mounts...).

I went for quite a short haft on the pick to make it look comfortably like it could be wielded in one hand. A longer shafted warhammer would certainly need two hands to control, which would make the shield combo less effective.

Lucerne hammers? I've had a quick look at images... What is it that defines the lucerne hammer? The combination of spear, hook and hammer? Do you know much about the history of them, and how they would have been used? I'm guessing at an anti-cavalry role? That could suit the Delgon well as I expect at some point they will expect to be fighting knights...

@Rick: If I dropped the quilting too low then the Enuk would be at risk of ending up very shapeless... Bezainting? If that means texturing and armouring the front then I think we are probably thinking along similar lines.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: