The World Of Twilight
April 27, 2024, 12:09:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Shapes  (Read 24193 times)
ork56
Jenta

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 10:28:19 pm »

Looks like a shrine or a chapel! really cool!

or possibly a public meeting point, like somewhere a town crier would stand to do some proclaiming
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 11:18:47 pm »

It would be great to see some more Brandlin creations - you've been too quiet for the last few months! Jules has almost finished her little watchtower  Smiley
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:36 pm »

It would be great to see some more Brandlin creations - you've been too quiet for the last few months! Jules has almost finished her little watchtower  Smiley

yeah life has been soooo busy last 4-5 months.

im trying to get refocused at the moment which is hard

i may have to do some simple kits before i do a bigger one just to get back in the swing of it.

you going to salute again in 2012? should i plan something new?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 02:02:29 pm »

just playing around with the beam work and shingles... this iwll ultimately be intechangable with the other components in the group and it'll have the usual windows and such like to adorn the kit.

remember its based on a mcflurry kit.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:09:00 pm by Brandlin » Logged

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:03 pm »

Could you make the cone roof extend further? Maybe add some internal support under the eaves. That would make quite a cool outline.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »

Could you make the cone roof extend further? Maybe add some internal support under the eaves. That would make quite a cool outline.

at the moment thats exactly the same roof as appears on the other models

is this what you mean?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:25:51 pm by Brandlin » Logged

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 03:45:39 pm »

Nope. I was imagining more of an overhang, but with a few simple eaves under the overhang - they wouldn't be visible from the angle you are showing it now, but would look cool when seen from a lower angle. I think the overnhang should hide the join with the porch roof.
Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »

more like that?

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »

Without more obvious eaves it looks a little top heavy.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking. That would then make for more options on other kits as well. You could always make the final row of tiles bigger and possibly more ornate and have them stuck individually (or in sets) under the final layer of normal shingles. If you then had nice looking supports that would basically make for a more ornate style of roof.

Could you do a small little dormer(?) window sitting under the eaves - a little round window on a slightly downward facing curved section?
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:56 pm »

If you're going for overhanging roofs, would it not also allow for a multiple-roof kit?
With a couple of sizes of self-contained roofs with eves and soffets included, which people could then add to the top of any sized container to make their own buildings. This (making roofs & tiles) for me is the most annoying part, and would instantly open the door to much more variety in buildings without you having to design specific kits for all the specific containers available.

Just a thought  Grin

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »

i already sell this
http://brandlin.blogspot.com/p/store.html#ecwid:category=329271&mode=product&product=4421602

not sold one yet though!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:28 pm »

ah.. well.. umm.. I feel rather foolish now...  Embarrassed

I'd completely missed that previously. There's a whole thread about it I see now too....  Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Good job tho - I have a Pryn-Gul tower awaiting assembly from far too long ago, and then I'll be on to more of my own, so I know where to look now, thanks!

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »

How was the tower (pryn-gul) textured? I might buy one but I want it to look right.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »

No problem tuff skull

Megaton - http://www.worldoftwilight.com/AlanPainting.pdf

Always read the instructions Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: