The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:39:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Create your own Empire clan!  (Read 45021 times)
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 04:02:24 am »

Actually, you can help me out here. I'm struggling with a compound word to describe a damascene sword - I've got to "Telnera" which I think translates as 'black-water', which I think would work as a description of this type of sword, as well as having fearsome connotations. Am I about right on this?
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 05:31:12 pm »

And how about a child board where we can put our finished gazzeteer entries?
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 08:08:06 pm »

Thanks guys. I'm looking round for a new clan project now that Eglim-Tal is just about finished. I've got my eye on that Casani clan territory at the bottom of the map, the western-most clan. But I also keep looking at that big island to the north - probably devanu-free, somewhat isolated - oh, anyaral could probably do with a whole clan of troublemakers and misfits anyway, lol!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 09:27:27 pm »

I've got vague thoughts for that island already, but doesn't mean you can't have a play (although there is slightly more chance you will find your entire clan moved somewhere else...).
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 09:37:36 pm »

How about I just have a go at the Casani clan, lol! If you want to pm me with some of those vague thoughts at some time, I'll try to work something up?
Koya
Jenta

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:06 am »

I'm already having a go at dreaming up some clan idea. I'm currently writing some details of a very mercantile clan living on a swampy river delta, kind of Fubarnii Venice (well not really anything like Venice, but it was my starting point)..

A couple of questions, given this..

1) Are there are any areas of Anyaral which would suit. I was looking at the maps on Brandlin's blog and the river Gar seems a bit close to Gar Loren, but there's a nice big river running down from Naralon forest to one of the lakes, as well as Elam Ros which seems to be on top of a river mouth, but knowing nothing about either I'm not sure if they already have plans?
2) Was any of the Fubarnii language stuff ever written down? I'm having trouble coming up with names and while making jumbled letters is all well and good I don't want to accidentally name a town after a Fubarnii swear word. Tongue
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:45 am »

I could see a town like that on the area around the great lakes, and that could perhaps fit the slightly eclectic nature of that region. I had had similar thoughts for a town near Jubal's Larigal of that type, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress! Otherwise it could perhaps lie somewhere along the eastern coast a bit closer to the central empire.
There is lots of stuff written about the fubarnii language, it's just a case of finding it. Hopefully Tom will point you in the right direction. Smiley
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 12:55:47 pm »

I like the idea of furbarnii venice...

I developed an RPG town once that was on a delta, and it had an area where the merchants had expanded into warehouses and buildings that started out being constructed on bridges and then raised up in the slow wide river and - it became known as the "stilts".  I've always want to model part of it and show the various waterways as well as roads and bridges....

I shall add this idea to the building list - thanks for the idea Koya!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »

Also, if you can find a copy of CJ Cherryh's "Angel with a sword", there's a lot of detail there that you could adapt for a 'not-venice'!
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 02:16:30 am »

Also, if you can find a copy of CJ Cherryh's "Angel with a sword", there's a lot of detail there that you could adapt for a 'not-venice'!

My favourite all time author. Have you read the collaborative series Merovingen Nights? 6 books i think a bit like theives world was written with several authors and based in the same setting as Angel.

this was the background to my rpg town... Smiley

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 11:38:17 am »

Hmm. Indeed. She's also my all-time favourite author! I've got a good collection of her books, all I'm missing are the merovingian nights books, the last few in the foreigner series and the latest short story anthology I think. My favourite series has been the fortress series - absolutely brilliant!
Rick
Enasa Merchant Lord
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 12:51:45 pm »

Kinda sorting out some ideas for a Casani area way down at the bottom of the map. Got a few ideas, fishing port, clan controlled structure, few traditions, that sort of thing. Except for names, lol! When I did Eglim-Tal, the names came quite easily, this time they're stubbornly refusing to show themselves, lol!
MrBigLizardusek
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 02:10:06 pm »

Hi mine English is not good but i have an idea.Hm....Names are quite not best ones but...
Clan Named ;Sapartanii
Capitol City ; Sapartan
Clan population somwhere between 9000 - 10000 pop
Clan Lokalization;?!?  (hm hm...Huh?)Im not sure but i think about some place near forest or wastes were some big beasts can live.
Leader name; Lizander - Proud and scary worior Like or Sapartanii Clan Leaders Before him....His weapon i spear finished with both sides with blades.His wisdom is great like his  Fearsome worior  reputation.
Clan describe. Sapartani are clan with reputatinon of woriors hard and not forgiving, if fight dont goes well then they will die never Surrender .Sparatani belives that they were sent to this world to fight,live and die like a worior.Their lives are woriors lives alweys ready to fight witch no ft....Young ones before cen call themselfs  Sapartanii must first survive trial.That is Hunting for the beast.If test wos passed young one brings his prey if not he dies trying ...There are rumors that after young is born Sapartanii secret councill make a selection and does that are not looking like future worriors are killed but no one can confirm that.Hovewer as a resoult of this rumours Same other clans dont like to keep close relations witch Sapartanii and they do not care about keaping relations with other clans....Live in Sapartan is hard when there is no need to fight Sapartanii work on farms,but even then they are all time ready to go for a war.As there is no bigger honour for Sapartanii to serve his clan in Battle.
Comparing to other Clans Sapartanii are difrent....Not many Devanu lives near their lands....Lately many Delagon Priest been seen near their borders.Other clans are afraid that Delagon wont to turn Sapartani against them.And as a Brutal clan Sapartanii should be feared.

OK thats it for now i know its bit messy but i like the idea and in moment when i will decide how i will paint them i will cold them Sapartanii Wink
Sory for bad English i prefer to speak its easier;) then writing.  As you all noticed i wanted to make this calan bit like Spartans
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »

Sounds like a good idea, and looks very much like a clan that could exist immediately south of the delgon borders, but north of the Naralon Forests.
We might have to do something about the name though, Sapartanii is a tad too close a name to its source inspiration!ftp://
MrBigLizardusek
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:18 am »

Yeah...Lokalization is go.About rest i will have to think .Names are not to Fubarnii..And all describe that i wrote it wos more impuls wichout thinking much about but its all mater of deeper thinking.

I wos also thinking about smaal Nomadic clan traweling between other clans;)

But this are only ideas i think this world have a huge potntial:)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: