The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:18:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Sketch suggestions  (Read 44852 times)
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »

Also I would like to see more Garkrid. As their shells are sometimes used as armour I suspect there are some really large species out there.

Just what I was thinking! The fubarnii are dependent on the garkrid, so it would be  nice to learn a little more about them.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 08:29:55 am »

Third'd!

Actually I agree with all of krypto's suggestions, with the possible exception of the Enaari. Whilst curiosity does beg to know what more of them look like, that may be one subject best left until they receive sculpts, as the mysticism is part of their character.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 06:25:11 pm »

Third'd!

Actually I agree with all of krypto's suggestions, with the possible exception of the Enaari. Whilst curiosity does beg to know what more of them look like, that may be one subject best left until they receive sculpts, as the mysticism is part of their character.

True, it would take away much of their legendary status. I think we have already seen 3 Enarii thus far, correct?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:13 pm »

Garkrid? Did I ever show you the one I sculpted last year? This week I've finally come up with some potential rules for it...
You've seen Roban and the gardener so far, plus a wip for Dehran. I think that's it.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »

I don't think I have seen a Garkrid sculpt, only some small sketches.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 11:11:09 pm »

Hmm. I shall have to try and remedy that! I'll see if I can do a few sketches as well  Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:37 pm »

I've failed to sketch any garkrid yet (or at least none that I've got around to sharing), but if you are looking for inspiration for scenery projects then feel free to post some thoughts here and I'll do my best to help out with some rough sketches!
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »

splendid.  I am in fact wondering how a tent or other temporary shelter would look in the Empire. I am thinking I'd like to do a trade fair set up at a crossroads..... one of the things I thought to include would be tents for travelers staying overnight.

these would be different from a traders stall which might have an awning. would they have a specific shape? round like the buildings? square? rectangular? would they forego shelter like that at all and sleep under the open sky while on the road?

it needs to be something that can be carried on the back of a Baruk or Belan. the idea is that the caravan is passing through an area that has settlements about a day's walk in each direction from the crossroads, so they set in the middle and make an event of it, rather than going to each location separately.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2015, 05:53:33 pm »

Good question!
I did the delgon as round tents with a central peak (there's a template on the website).
I'm less sure about the empire... A good source of inspiration would be human nomads. Larger yurts might be an option. I did a search for 'nomad tents' on google for some inspiration and I could imagine the Casanii (and the empire) having some of those structures (long support struts supporting thick material).
I'll do some more research!
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2015, 03:28:00 am »

thanks for the guide. I liked the tents with multiple peaks..... it gives a broad area and degrees of depth to dress up in vibrant ways. I think I might try to go with one somewhat large central tent and a few smaller ones around it......
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2015, 06:53:36 am »

thanks for the guide. I liked the tents with multiple peaks..... it gives a broad area and degrees of depth to dress up in vibrant ways. I think I might try to go with one somewhat large central tent and a few smaller ones around it......
A bit like a medieval campement. With a large colourful tent in the middle and the smaller drab ones around it Smiley.

Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2015, 11:59:56 am »

I was considering making up some tents at some point myself. Not for the competition!
If you go ahead with it and are making them out of fabric, I might be able to help though. I was a textile artist in a previous life so have loads of scraps of suitable fabrics to save buying loads if you just need little bits!
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2015, 01:16:02 am »

I was considering making up some tents at some point myself. Not for the competition!
If you go ahead with it and are making them out of fabric, I might be able to help though. I was a textile artist in a previous life so have loads of scraps of suitable fabrics to save buying loads if you just need little bits!

thanks for the offer.  Smiley  I haven't decide yet how I want to assemble them..... I'm weighing my options between fabric and paper. I think fabric would look pretty cool, but I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to pull it off that way. I'm leaning toward using paper as it's easier to replace if I mangle it. though I could always use mangled tents to make a destroyed campsite if that happens..... many warhammer 40,000 models in my early days ended up as scenery after I botched the assembly beyond repair.   Grin  Grin

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »

Sorry it's taken a little while to share these sketches! Nothing too detailed, but hopefully it might help give a little inspiration  Smiley
These are how I would imagine the tents...

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:25 pm »

Very much like how I envisioned them. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: