The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 03:49:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I painted more than one knight yet?  (Read 63969 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2014, 12:31:54 pm »

So, the last of my days available for WoT painting for a month or two has now passed, but these happened. So not too disappointed  Grin

Still gaming at least once a fortnight, so it's certainly not a twilight drought, but paint will be flying in other directions for a bit - plenty to see on the blog Wink

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2014, 05:34:41 pm »

Another nice set of minis (although I wish you would take photos from a lower angle  Wink ).
I'm going to miss the steady flow of nicely painted minis! I'll just have to hope some other backers of the kickstarter will take up the slack once their minis arrive  Smiley
Nice use of a spare knife arm on one of the captains and I kinda like the scruffy colouration on the skerrats - presumably their summer coats.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »

I sure the odd piece will still slip it's way in amongst the soviets mike, jut not the quantities I've been putting out lately!

As for the colour actions, I knew I wanted their bases to fit in with all my other forces, and that meant a colour scheme for all elements which fitted more temperate rather than mountainous / snowy conditions. The Skerrat are the same, possibly a breed for slightly further south which the trappers have picked up locally.

As such they won't look out of place alongside Gil either Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »

Oh, and with regards to the angle of the photos, all the new pics shown here and on my blog have literally been taken on my lap at the moment of painting completion - hence the bad angles. If I don't do that then I've found I never get around to taking photos at all.  It's no excuse, you are quite right, but it is at least the reason!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »

Still, I would love to see pictures from a different angle in the future Smiley. Just to get a better view at them.
They look great by the way, love the colours. Natural colours, like the herders, but at the same time very different.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:09 am »

Nothing new to see, but lots of new pics and angles of photos taken, prompted by the painting challenge. Clan Orel and Delgon galleries are up now on the hobbybrush, others to follow when I get a chance!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »

Full dhogu and beasts / characters galleries are now online - follow the blog link:  Grin
http://hobbybrush.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/project-anyaral-painting-challenge.html

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2015, 10:42:48 pm »

One of the best twilight galleries out there (possibly my favourite) - certainly worth a look!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2015, 06:31:37 am »

One of the best twilight galleries out there (possibly my favourite) - certainly worth a look!
I can't agree more!
If someone is looking for inspiration he/she should go over here and gawk at all the beautifully painted mini's Smiley.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »

Thanks guys!  Grin  Embarrassed

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:07 pm »

Some lovely work on show, subtly painted with simple yet effective bases.  A great thread to look through.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2015, 11:08:23 pm »

Again, nothing that hasn't been seen month on moth for the painting challenge, but I got my newer Wot Figures in front of proper lighting and a better camera today. Rather than put a full list here, I'll just link to my blog - there's 52 new images up, with new additions to all my WoT galleries.

Blog Link: http://hobbybrush.com/blog/

And a couple of army shots to show overall progress, as spurred on by the inspirations and incentives provided here lately Smiley

The Devanu:

The Delgon:

And the Dhogu:

Thanks for looking!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:13 am »

Again, some of the best looking forces I've seen to far.
Beautiful colour choices and transistions, excellent work.

Something I noticed just now and seems a bit odd:
Your Yirnak and Dhogu use the same skin and fur colours, but for some reason you didn't mirror this to the skerrats. Why not? The force would look more uniform if you did so.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2015, 03:21:02 pm »

mindblowing!    Cheesy  Wink   just seeing so many completed forces is inspiring and motivating. I may check back here from time to time when I feel like slacking from the painting table just to remind myself how cool having  that many painted models will look during a game.    Grin  Grin
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2015, 10:27:56 am »

These forces look really good - and some expert camera work too! I always struggle to get everyone in focus when trying to photograph large groups of miniatures. These look excellent!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: