The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:16:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Taelan's Workshop  (Read 48841 times)
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 09:56:45 am »

that is stunning. really really good pic

Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 10:43:52 am »

That is fantastic! My fav bit is the fubarni reaching to the top shelf Smiley

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 12:24:55 pm »

It's little details like that that make it look like a functional market. I like the little critter next to the baruk's foot. And the fabric trader's funky hat. Smiley
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »

Ahh tis showing up now. I like the little details you have work in; the little creature and the hats on the traders. Can't wait to see it coloured!

HN
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

Hi all Smiley

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately will be awhile before I can do a similarly sized piece, I was lucky enough to have several undisturbed hours yesterday. Most of that encouraged the details folks are picking up on. There's even a small lizard snoozing on the far most shade cloth pole (right side), legs dangling over the sides.

I'll continue character studies, getting my Twilight eye in on the art style more.

Colouring of this piece? Hmmm, never thought to do it in colour, but sure Cheesy Probably January, in the new year Wink

Best actually finish my Trader and Engineer too!  Grin

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »

y'know its funny...if you do colour it then it will be the first colour twilight pic i have ever seen (i think) i don't think i would be able to adjust! monochrome is all i know!   Shocked

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 11:39:15 pm »

Don't colour it. I much prefer shaded pencil art to block colour for this fantasy kind of subject.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 08:36:52 am »

y'know its funny...if you do colour it then it will be the first colour twilight pic i have ever seen (i think) i don't think i would be able to adjust! monochrome is all i know!   Shocked

You've seen pics of painted figs and scenery. I'm sure you'll cope Cheesy

@Taelan - Having said that it is nice as it is so make sure you keep a copy of it in monochrome before you get all arty with the colours Wink
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 02:47:19 am »

Hi All,

Firstly, happy new year gang. This wandering Engineer has found his way back home from Thailand. Quite a trip, avoiding where I could all the tourist molested spots for some rustic 'rural' island living. The less modernity the better I say!

During my travels I came across a few things fellow Twilighters might enjoy, trees and boat building! Cheesy

These were within the grounds of the Kings Palace and Armoury, quite similar to Anyaral flora concept sketches :

Longtail boat design on Koh Muk (Andaman Sea); I spent a couple of hours watching them work and even helped moving sections with the builders. Sweaty fun in the sun, the lead carpenter finally agreed to a photo of this initial build. Once the charms are wrapped about the prow, photos before launch are a no no. Left is a sea going prow, the right are Lake water, more blunt prow designs.

I'm working on a trip journal write up, I'll post that and images elsewhere if anyone is interested in Thailand. I prefer scenery and location photos over classic "Me in front of.." imagery, so never fear Wink

- T.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 08:21:11 am »

Nice photos Taelan. Those tree must be a pain to keep trimmed. Am liking the boat pics Cheesy

HN
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:42:17 pm »

Great to see you back!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »

Welcome back! Photos look cool. Liking the crazy trees  Smiley
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:51 am »

Well settled back into the cycle of work and play 7 day week. Cheesy

First up, fulfilling a promise to Michael that I would begin work on a colour chart for each Fubarnii race in Anyaral.

Colours of Anyaral - The Dhogu. (Click to see larger version)

I took natural tones of leather and hide, grimy wool and a splash of green to accent the head. The mask uses a wicker cane finish, mostly to avoid darkening the face. Overall I've gone for earthy with guidance from Michael's Dhogu collection.

This is an initial layout, I am looking for suggestions on the swatches and in general; a community consensus on what colours best suit the Fubarnii race shown.

Thanks!
Taelan.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:05:03 am by Taelan » Logged

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 09:04:57 am »

Wow dude, that looks awesome! I'm loving the textures and colours of the Dhogu. I'm looking forward to seeing the others.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »

That looks great  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: